Everything good about Python except GUI IDE?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 07:07:40 EST 2016

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 10:18 PM,  <wrong.address.1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some VB forms with more than a hundred objects. If I cannot drag and drop text boxes, list boxes, labels, etc., it will be too much work to create that with several lines of code for each object.
>
> Isn't there any good GUI IDE like Visual Basic? I hope there are some less well known GUI IDEs which I did not come across. Thanks.

Sounds like the advantage lies with Python here...

Don't make a UI by dragging and dropping that many widgets.

If it takes "several lines of code" for each object, it might be worth
creating a utility function. For example, a database form might
include a good number of fields with associated labels; you could
create a function that creates (in a single line) a label and its
input field. Or create a list and iterate over it, creating all the
widgets as you step through the loop. That's the advantage of code -
you can't easily create reusable 'clumps' with a drag-and-drop
builder, but in code, it's the exact same thing as any other form of
code reuse.

ChrisA