Looking for examples of using aiopg with aiohttp and non-async startup.

Ray Cote rgacote at appropriatesolutions.com
Fri Feb 26 09:52:12 EST 2016

Answer (obvious after a refreshing sleep):
Just run a separate async pool connection prior to kicking off the aiohttp
web application.
The startup now looks like:

async def connect():
    return await aiopg.create_pool(…)

if __name__ == “__main__”:
    loop = asyncio.get_event_loop()
    pool = loop.run_until_complete(connect())
    app = web.Application()
    app["pool"] = pool
    app.router.add_route(‘POST', '/pv/v1/', handle_v1)
    web.run_app(app)

Then, in the handle_v1 code:
    pool = request.app["pool"]
    connection = await pool.acquire()