Looking for examples of using aiopg with aiohttp and non-async startup.

Ray Cote rgacote at appropriatesolutions.com
Thu Feb 25 17:23:50 EST 2016

Hello:

I have an aiohttp project that starts in the usual way:

app = web.Application()
app.router.add_route(‘POST”, ‘/‘, handler)
web.run_app(app)

My question is, how do I work with an aiopg.pool with aiohttp?
There only seems to be async interfaces into aiopg — but I don’t want to
create the pool in my handler since that requires a connection on each
transaction.

I found one example that was
  app[“db”] = await aiopg.create_pool(dsn)
but that doesn’t seen correct since we’re not yet in a loop.

Can someone please provide an example showing the proper way to integrate
aiopg pool into an aiohttp web application?

Regards
—Ray

--
Raymond Cote, President
voice: +1.603.924.6079 email: rgacote at AppropriateSolutions.com skype: