HELP

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Feb 24 20:10:12 EST 2016

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 01:08 am, Reeves, Andrew wrote:

> I don't know what's going on.

And neither do we.

Andrew, can you please describe using words:

* what you are trying to do
* what you expect to happen
* what actually happens
* if it is not obvious, what it has to do with Python

Don't use screen shots or pictures, at least, don't use them ALONE. Some of
us are visually impaired. We have screen-readers that can deal with text,
but pictures might as well not exist. Others are reading this from a
newsgroup on Usenet, and attachments are not permitted.

If you must provide a screen shot, post it on Imgur and provide the link.
Most other photo-sharing sites are a pain to deal with for the recipient.

If you're thinking "That's a lot of effort for me to go through, just for
free technical advice!" you're absolutely right. Feel free to pay for
commercial advice from a professional computer consultant instead, who will
charge for the time they spend trying to understand your problem before
they even begin trying to solve it.

If you do decide to ask here, this is a bad way to ask for help:

"HELP! I'm running a Computertron 3000 and nothing works! PLEASE HELP!!!"

This is a good way to ask for help:

"Hi, I'm running a Computertron 3000. You might not have heard of it, so
here is a link to its home page: http:// ...

It is running Windows 10 as the OS. (I assume you've heard of that :-)

When I try to install Python, the installation seems to succeeds but running
the Python interpreter causes a Yellow Screen Of Death. Here are the steps
I took:

- downloaded the Windows installer from here http:// ...

- ran the installer by double-clicking

- at the prompt, answered "Yes" to the question "Add icons?"

There were no other messages, so I thought it was installed successfully.

When I double-click the Python icon, I get a Yellow Screen Of Death. I
expected the interpreter to run.

In case it helps, I took a picture of the YSOD and posted it on imgur here:
http:// ...

Thanks in advance."

--
Steven