SQLite

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 04:00:30 EST 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Klaus Jantzen <k.d.jantzen at mailbox.org> wrote:
>    That did not work because I did not install Python 3.5. with apt-get
>    but downloaded the source and compiled myself.
>    Thus apt-get does not have any information about the Python 3.5
>    installation.

It generally does work; the build dependencies for CPython 3.2 are the
same as for CPython 3.5, with maybe one or two new ones added for new
modules. So you can ask apt-get to grab you the deps for 3.2 and then
build 3.5 from source. That's what I usually do when I build from
source control - whether it's CPython or Pike or git or FFMpeg or
anything else, I can generally depend on the build deps for the old
version being good enough to build the new version. Even when they're
not exactly right, they're close enough that it saves a lot of time.

ChrisA