Make a unique filesystem path, without creating the file

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Feb 16 00:03:47 EST 2016

"Mario R. Osorio" <nimbiotics at gmail.com> writes:

> I would create a RAM disk
> (http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-create-linux-ram-disk-filesystem/),
> generate all the path/files I want with any, or my own algorithm, run
> the tests, unmount it, destroy it, be happy ... Whats wrong with
> that??

It is addressing the problem at a different level. I am not asking about
writing a wrapper around the test suite, I am asking about an API to
generate filesystem paths.

Your solution is a fine response to a different question.

--
 \        “Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be |
  `\              over here, looking through your stuff.” —Jack Handey |