What's the best/neatest way to get Unicode data from a database into a grid cell?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 08:11:26 EST 2016

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 11:42 PM,  <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> Are there any Python 3 GUIs that would be reasonably easy to move to?
> E.g. ones which have a grid object and which work in the same sort of
> way as wxpython in general?

Grid object? I'm not sure. But all of my GUI work of late has been
with GTK, and I'm pretty happy with it. (Granted, that's with Pike,
not Python, so the exact API is slightly different; but I know there
is good support for Python 3.) You may also want to look into Tk /
tkinter, although its Unicode support is (or was, last I heard)
limited to the Basic Multilingual Plane - the 64K most commonly used
characters.

ChrisA