How a module is being marked as imported?

Jean-Charles Lefebvre polyvertex at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 10:35:45 EST 2016

So far, I've been advised to:

1/ Double-check that the GIL was correctly acquired
2/ Ensure there's no 'string' module in my project
3/ Manually pre-import commonly used standard modules at interpreter's init-time to avoid race conditions due to the multi-threaded nature of the running environment

No problem found for 1/ & 2/ (double-checked). I tried 3/ before posting and could not reproduce the problem at all which is probably the patch I will apply due to the lack of a better solution. I guess I'll have to dig into __import__'s code and related.