python 2.7.12 on Linux behaving differently than on Windows

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Wed Dec 7 19:16:50 EST 2016

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 07:01 am, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> Some things are better just left alone. File globbing is probably one
> of those things. There's no right answer, and the people in the two
> camps will never come to a compromise.

Be fair Skip, we've already repeatedly acknowledged that the Unix model of
shell expansion doesn't suit all use-cases for a shell. As have the
designers of the shells, as they typically provide ways of turning off
expansions.

Its only Bart who insists that his way is always the best way, and that 40
years of Unix sys admins who have designed the shell to work the way they
want are wrong.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.