python 2.7.12 on Linux behaving differently than on Windows

Larry Hudson orgnut at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 22:12:08 EST 2016

On 12/06/2016 03:21 AM, BartC wrote:
> On 06/12/2016 07:37, Larry Hudson wrote:
>
>> Now you're suggesting the _shell_ is going to read and process a CVS
>> file???
>
> What follows a shell command is a set of values a,b,c,d,e. What is encountered in a CSV is a set
> of values a,b,c,d,e. You really can't see the similarity?

No.  The way they're used is entirely different.

>> I get awfully tired of your constant pontificating about your opinions.
>
> Opinions based on facts: I've given a dozen examples where the shell's auto-expansion can screw
> things up. And I can easily come up with more, as have others in the thread.
>
> People's attitudes seem to be 'So don't that'. Or, 'So what?'.

I'll repeat:  They are OPINIONS and "they ain't gonna change nothin', no how, no way, not ever."

MY opinion, which I fully accept "ain't gonna change nothin', no how, no way, not ever" is that
for someone who claims to be such an expert and experienced programmer, your posts frequently
show an amazing lack of knowledge.  For example, quoting from another recent post of yours:

 >>    Read the Python documentation for argparse

 > I just tried it, but it was too complex for me to set it up so as to discover with it did
with * arguments.

Your ignorance is clearly showing.

Finally I have to admit that I'm an old codger and becoming more and more of a curmudgeon.  This
sometimes shows up in RL, but I generally try to avoid it in public forums like this, but
occasionally...    :-(

[I suspect that there are others who share my opinion, however, whether that is true or not is
entirely irrelevant as well.]

That is also all I'm going to say on this subject, so don't bother responding to this post.  I
won't continue it.

--
      -=- Larry -=-