type lookuperror

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 11:56:45 EDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 1:28 AM, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
> What is needed is an automated methodology to derive algorithmic
> solutions to formally specified features. Since there are only a handful
> of tools in a programmer's toolbox, that objective doesn't seem at all
> impossible. The big question is, is it possible to specify features
> formally without actually coding them?

If you're specifying them formally, you're probably coding them. Any
form sufficiently well-defined for a program to analyze is basically
code already. It might be a goal-based syntax rather than action-based
(eg contrast SQL's way of saying "these are the rows I want" with
classic imperative programming), but it's still code, it's still
software, it's still not the Singularity.

ChrisA