type lookuperror

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Thu Aug 18 11:28:20 EDT 2016

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:
> What the OP was looking for was "I want my program to be able to debug
> itself". That means the program has to be smart enough to figure out
> its own problems. Self-modifying code isn't anywhere near that level
> of intelligence.

You are right that we're not nearly there yet (although genetic
programming is a bit of a similar thing).

What is needed is an automated methodology to derive algorithmic
solutions to formally specified features. Since there are only a handful
of tools in a programmer's toolbox, that objective doesn't seem at all
impossible. The big question is, is it possible to specify features
formally without actually coding them?

Marko