SmallTalk-like interactive environment on base of cPython 2.7.x + wx

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 09:24:13 EDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Dmitry Ponyatov <dponyatov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody can recomend some links on tutorials on making custom dynamic languages or objects systems on top of cPython2 ?
>
> I want some interactive dynamic object environment with SmallTalk look&feel but with Python syntax.

Any particular reason for using 2.7 rather than 3.x?

As a general rule, I would advise you to make your dynamic language
actually *be* Python. With judicious use of decorators and other
metaprogramming tools, you can craft a DSL (domain-specific language)
that has whatever broad look-and-feel you choose, but will be directly
executable using a Python interpreter.

For anything more specific than that, it'd be helpful to know more
details about what you're trying to do. What's a "dynamic object
environment"?

ChrisA