What's the best way to minimize the need of run time checks?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Fri Aug 12 04:38:18 EDT 2016

Lawrence D’Oliveiro <lawrencedo99 at gmail.com>:

> With static languages, once a piece of code compiles without errors,
> you have a slightly higher level of confidence in its correctness than
> with a dynamic language.
>
> On the other hand, a dynamic language allows me to be much more
> productive, because I have to write less code to begin with.

I believe a high-level language like Python makes it easier to write
correct code as well. That's because every line you write has a nonzero
chance of containing a bug, and Python allows you to express complicated
notions more naturally and fewer code lines.

In a word, Python makes it easier to see the forest for the trees.

Marko