How do I make a game in Python ?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 6 19:41:25 EDT 2016

On 8/6/2016 5:51 PM, Cai Gengyang wrote:
> As in, any recommended websites that helps users create complex games in Python ?

For 2D graphics, try pygame among others.  For 3D, I don't know what is
current.

> On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 5:41:25 AM UTC+8, Ian wrote:
>> On Aug 6, 2016 11:57 AM, "Cai Gengyang" <gengyangcai at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> How do I make a game in Python ?
>>

>> import random
>>
>> answer = random.randint(0, 100)
>> while True:
>>     guess = input("What number am I thinking of? ")
>>     if int(guess) == answer:
>>         print("Correct!")
>>         break
>>     print("Wrong!")
>>
>> And now you've made a game in Python.

I suspect you missed the wisdom contained in this answer.
1. Define the core mechanic.
2. Start simple.

Guess/Search for something hidden is a common core mechanic.
Do you want this to be part of your game.

With this start ...
3. Elaborate.

I can think of several ways.  Give hints.  Add graphics.  Increase
player skill with repeated play.  Use objects other than counts.  Keep
track of number of guesses and grade results.  Keep track of actual
guesses and inform about repeats.  Record guesses visually so repetition
is essentially impossible.

>> On Aug 6, 2016 11:57 AM, "Cai Gengyang" <gengyangcai at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How do I make a game in Python ?

Start with an idea for the game.