usage of functools.partial in in parallelism

Sivan Greenberg sivan at vitakka.co
Wed Aug 3 07:03:58 EDT 2016

So yeah I wanted to remark that I actually identified more with the two
questions raised after the 'stop the classes' talk, and I felt much like
the two questions that raised after as per documenting design via use of
classes in code (However I make sure to keep it all flattened as opposed to
the lecturer first examples). I also think it's a matter of style and
personal preference. The nodejs like-minded people would prolly lean more
to the function based coupling using 'partial', while people like me would
prefer classes as they'd think tasks in logical domain grouping, as I
really love encapsulation.

I am not left to wonder about difference in performance of functional vs.
objectional python.

-Sivan

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Steven D'Aprano <
steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 August 2016 13:14, Michael Torrie wrote:
>
> > On 08/01/2016 01:13 AM, Michael Selik wrote:
> >> You might benefit from watching the talk "Stop Writing Classes"
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9pEzgHorH0
> >
> > Great talk! Thanks for posting that.
>

> It is a great talk, but for a counter-view:
>
> http://lucumr.pocoo.org/2013/2/13/moar-classes/
>

> Remember: moderation in all things, except for moderation.
>

> --
> Steve
>
> --

Sivan Greenberg