Tcl/Tk for Python 3.6.0a3 on Os X 10.9.5

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Wed Aug 3 04:30:37 EDT 2016

Am 02.08.16 um 22:10 schrieb Ned Deily:
> "For the initial alpha releases of Python 3.6, the installer is linked
> with Tcl/Tk 8.5; this will change prior to the beta releases of 3.6.0."

Let me also convey some insider information from the Tcl world: the
upcoming 8.7 (I'll expect it next year) will have full Unicode support
(>BMP). Because of compatibility issues with the C API, this will be
done in the way that Tcl unicode strings are considered UTF-16 instead
of UCS-2. So adapting Tkinter should be relatively easy in the end, if
it passes UTF-8 strings, then there is zero change, if it passes
Tcl_UniChar, then these must be convrted to UTF-16.

	Christian