Tcl/Tk for Python 3.6.0a3 on Os X 10.9.5

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Tue Aug 2 16:10:53 EDT 2016

On 2016-08-02 15:08, Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 8/2/2016 4:21 AM, munozvvaleria at gmail.com wrote:
>> I am new to the programming world but I need to learn this program
>> for a research class that I am taking. I have downloaded Python
>> 3.6.0a3 on a Mac 10.9.5 and realized that I also need to download an
>> Active Tcl for it. I can't find one for this version. Can someone
>> please direct me to it? The most recent one I've been able to find is
>> for Python 3.5.2
> This page https://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/
> does not yet mention 3.6.  So I would start with the recommendation for
> 3.5.2: tcl/tk 8.5.18.

Yes, sorry, I don't usually update that page for pre-releases.

The information you need is also included in the python.org OS X
installer Read Me file which is displayed during the installation
process.  (A copy of it is also preserved at "/Applications/Python
3.6/ReadMe.rtf".).  In the section "Update your version of Tcl/Tk to use
IDLE or other Tk applications":

"For the initial alpha releases of Python 3.6, the installer is linked
with Tcl/Tk 8.5; this will change prior to the beta releases of 3.6.0."