about special characters

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Apr 29 22:43:29 EDT 2016

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:

> On 4/29/2016 9:48 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> writes:

> >> I believe that Python X.Y shows up as "PythonXY" under Windows.
>
> As a directory name that also omits the space, yes. Start Menu entries
> have both the space and and the '.'.

Okay. So as you describe the behaviour on MS Windows, it doesn't support
the OP's choice of saying “python 27” to specify Python 2.7 — MS Windows
appears to be irrelevant to that.

--
 \          “Computer perspective on Moore's Law: Human effort becomes |
  `\           twice as expensive roughly every two years.” —anonymous |