about special characters

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Apr 29 21:01:17 EDT 2016

On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 09:33 am, Jianling Fan wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to use python 27 copying some of my folders and files to
> another directory.
> My code works good for other files but I have some problem to copy
> files that have some special characters in the filename. like
> filenames contain Greek "δ"  or latin "š".
> it always gave a error that "No such file or directory:"
>
> Any help will be appreciate!

Please put yourself in our shoes. Read your message above, and, imagine that
you know NOTHING else about your program than what you write above. What
answer would you give?

Please tell us what you have actually done. How do you copy the files? How
do you enter the file names? What OS are you using?

--
Steven