How much sanity checking is required for function inputs?

Christopher Reimer christopher_reimer at icloud.com
Sat Apr 23 23:41:38 EDT 2016

On 4/23/2016 8:19 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
> The reason you weren't taught beyond class inheritance is because Java
> implements organization only through a class hierarchy. Whole
> generations of Java programmers think that program organization is
> through classes (a static main method means your code is procedural, by
> the way).
I never wanted to learn Java in the first place. My community college
couldn't afford to renew the Microsoft site license, which local
employers required to learn C/C++ in MS Visual Studio, and all flavors
of Java got taught for the programming classes instead. I wanted to
learn C/C++. I even wanted to learn assembly language, but I was the
only student who showed up for the class and it got cancelled.

Of course, it probably doesn't help that I got a job in help desk
support after I graduated with A.S. degree in Java and never programmed
professionally. Thinking like a programmer helped me resolved many IT
problems over the last 12 years. My current job in computer security
requires tinkering with PowerShell scripts as Python is strictly
prohibited in this Windows shop. I have made Python my main programming
language at home.

Thank you,

Chris R.