Moderation and slight change of (de facto) policy

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.co.uk
Tue Apr 19 05:03:54 EDT 2016

On 2016-04-17, Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> On 17/04/2016 18:21, Wildman via Python-list wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 17:57:51 +0100, Tim Golden wrote:
>
> [... snip my explanation of new moderation for non-subscribers ...]
>
>> How will this change affect posts to comp.lang.python?
>
> Not at all, in the sense that the moderation doesn't apply to
> comp.lang.python, except insofar as posts which are sent to the list and
> which we reject obviously won't make it to comp.lang.python either.

But from what you described, it sounds like all Usenet posts will
now be prevented from reaching the list. If so you should probably
consider rmgrouping comp.lang.python or at least abandoning the
idea of it being linked to the mailing list.

(I've no idea of course if you will even see this message!)