Moderation and slight change of (de facto) policy

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:38:00 EDT 2016

On 2016-04-18, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Apr 17, 2016, at 06:08 PM, Matt Ruffalo wrote:
>
>>That seems like a reasonable approach, though I think there *really*
>>needs to be an option along the lines of "subscribed to the list for the
>>purposes of moderation, but not receiving list messages via email".

> Alternatively, individuals can subscribe to a mailing list and then disable
> delivery to their address.

AFAIR, all the mailing lists I've ever joined offer this setting, and
I generally use it (I read all my mailing lists by pointing a NNTP
client at news.gmane.org).  If a mailing list doesn't allow to to
disable delivery, then it's usually pretty trivial to set up a filter
to toss all messages received from that list into /dev/null.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! ... I want to perform
                                  at               cranial activities with