Installation problem

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 00:43:22 EDT 2016

On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Jurell <jdsukdeo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed the Python program version 3.5.1 32 bit and the IDE I am going
> to use is Wing IDE 101. The problem when I tried installing the python
> program was as follows: "The program can`t start because
> api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try
> reinstalling the program to fix this problem". What I did was uninstall
> Python and reinstall it installed ,I proceed on to install the IDE then this
> message appeared again.

These sorts of questions get asked by many people.  When I have an
error message that I cannot figure out I do an Internet search for
that error message.  But since this is a Python-related question, I
might first search the Python list archives at
https://www.mail-archive.com/python-list@python.org/ or the Python
Doing the former (Searching just for
"api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll") led me to this:
https://www.mail-archive.com/python-list%40python.org/msg402592.html
I have not looked at this in depth, but the second item mentioned
(Since you state you have Win 7 64 bit.) seems appropriate.  Usually I
can solve my own problems much quicker this way than waiting on
someone to respond on this (or other) mailing lists!

BTW, if you are a beginner learning Python you might want to subscribe
to the Python Tutor list as it is designed for those of us who are
learning...

boB