Guido sees the light: PEP 8 updated

Ben Bacarisse ben.usenet at bsb.me.uk
Sat Apr 16 20:29:49 EDT 2016

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Ben Bacarisse <ben.usenet at bsb.me.uk> wrote:
>> Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> writes:
>> <snip>
>>>       I still miss the Amiga -- in which one could /push/ a window to the
>>> back of the stack while still retaining input focus! Made it nice for
>>> transcribing stuff from a visible window to a text input region while it
>>> was obscured.
>>
>> That was commonly available on Unix window managers and is still around.
>> I use it on even an up-to-date Linux/Gnome3 system (you set focus
>> follows mouse rather than focus on click).
>
> Focus follows mouse is annoying for other reasons though.

Sure.  But if you want it only sometimes you can bind a key to turn it
on or off so you can have it only momentarily.

The other way is to bind a key (if not already bound) to the "lower
winder" action.  That won't (or shouldn't) alter the focus and will push
the window under the one you want to see.

--
Ben.