help install numpy and scipy in window 7 and 3.5.0 shell

wrh8609 at gmail.com wrh8609 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:29:24 EDT 2016

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 10:56:28 AM UTC-4, Bob Gailer wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2016 10:40 AM, <wrh8609 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have downloaded the numpy-1.11.01 and scipy-0.17.0 but after running
> setup files over IDLE in numpy and scipy, it still can not get through. Can
> someone give me a hand? or you can provide the installation instruction for
> both.
>
> Can you be more specific? "Can not get through" is not very informative.
> What opeting system are you using? What version of python? What messages or
> symptoms do you get? The more you help us the easier it is for us to help
> you. We do welcome your questions thank you

Hi Bob,

First I would like to have your input of installation instruction for numpy and scipy. I don't know what I did to run the setup.py is correct. The operating system is on window 7 and the version of python is 3.5.0. By the way, after I ran the setup.py of numpy over IDLE, it shows "Running from numpy source directory." and I can import numpy. But after I ran setup.py of scipy over IDLE, it shows
=============== RESTART: C:\PythonFiles\scipy-0.17.0\setup.py ===============
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\PythonFiles\scipy-0.17.0\setup.py", line 265, in <module>
    setup_package()
  File "C:\PythonFiles\scipy-0.17.0\setup.py", line 253, in setup_package
    from numpy.distutils.core import setup
ImportError: No module named 'numpy'

If you have further suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks,
Wen-Ruey