QWERTY was not designed to intentionally slow typists down

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 9 15:36:10 EDT 2016

On 09/04/2016 20:25, Tim Golden wrote:
> On 09/04/2016 20:13, Mark Lawrence via Python-list wrote:
>> On 09/04/2016 01:43, Ben Finney wrote:
>>> Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> writes:
>>>

>> Yet another completely irrelevant thread that has nothing to do with
>> Python.  As this is meant to be the main Python mailing list, why don't
>> the moderators put a stop to such tripe?
>>

> I'm sorry Mark but, whether you like it or not, this list / newsgroup
> has never been averse to taking a detour into interesting side-channels.
> You can easily mute a thread if you want to (or just delete the posts as
> they come).

I do not find this acceptable. I want to discuss PYTHON on the MAIN
PYTHON MAILING LIST, not some shite that someone thinks is interesting,
they can take that offline.  QWERTY, what next, today's football results?

> Added to which, moderators give their time as freely as anyone else, and
> we'd have a merry time of it if we had to vet every subthread and post
> to make sure it met some notional guideline of language purity.
>
> TJG

Very amusing to see that some highly qualified 'moderators' have been so
bloody rude on other Python mailing lists in the last days.  Do as I
say, not as I do?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence