Promoting Python

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Wed Apr 6 18:24:40 EDT 2016

On 06/04/2016 21:38, Mark Lawrence wrote:

> No it didn't, it was quite clear from the beginning that he knew squat,
> and since then he's admitted that he knows squat.  About Python.

I see. According to you:

(1) To have an opinion about a language, you have to know everything in
it 100%, inside out and backwards.

(2) It's impossible for someone who's coded for decades to switch to a
different language, just by familiarising themselves with the
'controls', as people do when driving a different vehicle

(3) The only people who can give advice to newcomers in a language are
complete experts in it, and not those who have experienced some of the
same problems.

> On the
> main Python list.

I'm posting to a usenet group. I haven't subscribed to any list.

AFAIK this is a public group where anyone can post.