mod_wsgi not compatible with Wamp 2.4 and python 3.4.3

justin walters walters.justin01 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:47:17 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 3:57 AM, asimkon . <asimkostas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I managed to connect Apache 2.2 with django framework successfully using
> Python 2.7 and mod_wsgi.so (Apache module) thanks to the instructions from
> https://pusonchen.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/build-django-website-with-apache-mod_wsgi-on-windows/.
> The problem is that i see the Django project Web page using localhost or
> 127.0.0.1 in my browser.
>  I want to change it to localhost/mysite as i have built other projects in
> php with Apache (WampServer) using Cakephp and other php scripts. Is there
> any way or i will have to sacrifice my entire Apache Web server for just
> only Django project?
> Afterwards i just download
> https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/python/  (MySQL driver) install
> it and play with syncdb to create tables in my MySQL database. I create the
> db using phpmyadmin and import the info in my settings.py django project
> folder.
>
> Regards
> Kostas Asimakopoulos

So, you are running this on your local machine then?

I did some quick googling for you because I wasn't sure if Apache could run
mod_php and mod_wsgi together. Apparently it can. See this google search:
https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=can+apache+run+mod_php+and+mod_wsgi+at+the+same+time%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

The basic premise is that you set one port to your php application, and
another port to your Python application.

So, if you visit, say 127.0.0.1:80, you will arrive at your php
application. If you instead visit 127.0.0.1:8000, you will arrive at your
Python application.

Unfortunately, I do not believe there is any way to have both applications
listen on the same port. You could, however, create an alias so that when
you visit 'htttp://localhost/mysite' it actually points to 127.0.0.1:8000
which is the port for your Python application.

>Afterwards i just download
https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/python/  (MySQL driver) install
it and play with syncdb to create tables in my MySQL database. I create the
db using phpmyadmin and import the info in my settings.py django project
folder.

Can you explain this further? Are you not using the Django ORM?