Python program

Pythonnoob toddbyrne1046 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 15:14:32 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am new to Python and programming in general. However, I have gained some skills in Python. I have been working with it in order to gain some real world problem solving skills for my job.

I have written a program in Python track the number of visits customers make to our business based upon their account numbers. Right now we are doing this via paper. We have 7 computers. Each with a different user. We do have a network and server. I know this program will run on my computer and I can enter the information and update it from my computer. I want all of our associates to have the program on their computer and be able to update it in real time. So at the end of the day, week, month, etc..... the visits can be calculated. I know that I can install Python on each of the computers, but I know this would be local to their computer. I also know I could have our IT guy install the program on the server as well. But in order for the stats to be updated by all associates in real time , would I have to build a database and then get that installed on the server ?  If so , how would some of you get this done? Besides writing the Python program, step by step what would you do and what other resources would you use to accomplish this?

I am a complete noob at this. Forgive me for not knowing all of the proper terminology. I know that there are some real world solutions that Python can ultimately offer me and our company.

Thank you for your time and knowledge !