Suggestion: make sequence and map interfaces more similar

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Fri Apr 1 03:59:23 EDT 2016

Op 31-03-16 om 16:12 schreef Mark Lawrence via Python-list:
> On 31/03/2016 14:27, Random832 wrote:
>> So can we discuss how a unified method to get a set of all valid
>> subscripts (and/or subscript-value pairs) on an object would be a useful
>> thing to have without getting bogged down in theoretical claptrap about
>> the meaning of the mapping contract?
>>

> We can discuss anything here until the cows come home, but it's a
> complete waste of time if the powers that be over on python-ideas
> and/or python-dev don't agree.  This was suggested a day or two back
> but seems to have gone completely over people's heads.

Just because you are not interested, doesn't mean it's a complete waste of time.
Discussions like this often enough produce suggestions on how one could handle
these things within python without the need for the powers that be to agree on
anything.

If you are not interested just don't contribute. Others can make up their own
mind on whether this is a waste of their time or not.

--
Antoon.