Failed to upgrade pip in fresh 2.7 install

Zachary Ware zachary.ware+pylist at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 14:59:56 EDT 2015

On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 1:13 PM,  <paul.hermeneutic at gmail.com> wrote:
> After a fresh install of Python 2.7 32-bit and 64-bit, upgrading pip
> using pip fails. Am I doing this incorrectly? Any suggestions?

This is a limitation of Windows: you can't replace the executable that
you're currently running.  To work around this, do "python -m pip
install --upgrade pip" instead.  If you have the Python Launcher for
Windows installed (included with Python 3.3+), you can use in place of
'python' in that command, and be very sure about which python's pip is
being upgraded.

--
Zach