problem building python 3.5 extensions for windows

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 09:36:40 EDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 11:27 PM, Mark Lawrence <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> There is a folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 14.0\VC", but it doesn't contain any batch scripts. Document
>> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x4d2c09s.aspx claims to be
>> about VS2015, but has as example
>>
>> cd "\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC"
>>
>> which is presumably not for VS2015.
>

> Correct, the folder you referenced first should contain the batch file.

Which indicates a possible text bug in the linked-to document. None of
us can change that, though.

For some actually Python-specific info, I'd recommend checking out
what Steve Dower has written:

http://stevedower.id.au/blog/building-for-python-3-5-part-two/

Poking around on his blog and web site might turn up some other useful
info, too. I'm not a Windows guy so I can't help any more than that,
sorry.

ChrisA