Adding PEP 495 support to dateutil

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 22:47:44 EDT 2015

[Tim Peters]

> I think acceptance of 495 should be contingent upon
> someone first completing a fully functional (if not releasable)
> fold-aware zoneinfo wrapping.

[Alexander Belopolsky]

> I am making all development public early on and hope to see code reviews
and pull requests from interested parties.  Pull requests with additional
test cases are most welcome.

I've made some additional progress in my dateutil fork [1].  The tzfile
class is now fold-aware.  The tzfile implementation of tzinfo takes the
history of local time type changes from a binary zoneinfo file. These files
are installed on the majority of UNIX platforms.

More testing is needed, but I think my fork is now close to meeting Tim's
challenge.

Please note that you need to run the modified  dateutil fork [1] code under
PEP 495 fork of CPython. [2]

[1]: https://github.com/abalkin/dateutil/tree/pep-0495
[2]: https://github.com/abalkin/cpython