Adding PEP 495 support to dateutil

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 22:53:21 EDT 2015

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 9:58 PM, Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think acceptance of 495 should be contingent upon
> someone first completing a fully functional (if not releasable)
> fold-aware zoneinfo wrapping.

After studying both pytz and dateutil offerings, I decided that it is
easier to add "fold-awareness" to the later.  I created a fork [1] on
Github and added [2] fold-awareness logic to the tzrange class that appears
to be the base class for most other tzinfo implementations.  I was
surprised how few test cases had to be changed.  It looks like  dateutil
test suit does not test questionable (in the absence of fold) behavior.  I
will need to beef up the test coverage.

I am making all development public early on and hope to see code reviews
and pull requests from interested parties.  Pull requests with additional
test cases are most welcome.

[1]: https://github.com/abalkin/dateutil/tree/pep-0495
[2]:
https://github.com/abalkin/dateutil/commit/57ecdbf481de7e21335ece8fcc5673d59252ec3f