Python handles globals badly.

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 12 00:38:46 EDT 2015

On 12/09/2015 05:11, Mario Figueiredo wrote:
> On 12-09-2015 03:35, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>>
>> Ada took over from CORAL in the UK, at least in military projects.  It
>> was also used in the aircraft industry. My old work mates tell me that
>> its completely died a death, to be replaced by C++.  Someone please
>> remind me never to fly again.
>
> Alright. But then someone should probably have reminded you that a long
> time ago.
>
> Maybe you missed it when an Ada integer overflow bug produced one of the
> most expensive software bugs in history by crashing the Ariane 501
> rocket and its 4 cluster sattelites payload.
>
> But sure. Don't let that get in your way of thinking there are safe
> languages.

Nothing to do with this being untested software then?  Actually it was
so I'd put that down to a programmer error.  "The code always worked
before so it's bound to work this time".  Such a pity that this
particular launch wasn't the same as anything done previously.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence