Hi am new to python

Nassim Gannoun elcarga at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:44:26 EDT 2015

Hi I'm also new to Python but would like to reply.
Like others have stated there is a built in function (sum) that can give the sum of the elements of a list, but if what you are trying to do is learn how to use the while command here is some code that will work.
Your question:
My question is in a while loop; how do l sum all the numbers in the given list (list_a)?

list_a = [8, 5, 2, 4]
sum_a = 0 # for storing the sum of list_a
i = 0 # for looping through the list_a# Use a while loop to sum all numbers in list_a# If you store the sums into sum_a
print(sum_a) # should print 19
My answer:
list_a = [8, 5, 2, 4]

sum_a = 0