Wheels For ...

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Mon Sep 7 12:52:02 EDT 2015

On 06.09.2015 22:06, Ned Batchelder wrote:
> As a developer of a Python package, I don't see how this would be better.
> The developer would still have to get their software into some kind of
> uniform configuration, so the central authority could package it.  You've
> moved the problem from, "everyone has to make wheels" to "everyone has to
> make a tree that's structured properly."  But if we can do the second
> thing, the first thing is really easy.
Unfortunately, I disagree with you one that and others already gave
explanations why.

Internally, we had this "wild-west" tree in our source as well but we
moved on to a properly structured tree and it solved problems we didn't
even imagine to have solved when starting this effort some years ago.

Best,
Sven