UNABLE TO GET IDLE TO RUN

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 31 21:45:57 EDT 2015

> On 31 Oct 2015, at 06:59, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> This is a different issue than IDLE avoiding clashes.  I opened
> https://bugs.python.org/issue25522

Terry, thanks for recording this into the issue tracker.

I'd go even a step further. I think IDLE should not only warn, but completely prevent saving a file which shadows a stdlib module, which will effectively render Python unusable. I remember from a few weeks back, a teacher with the same problem posted this on the mailinglist. Eventually she had a technician coming in to reinstall Windows, just to fix this problem ;-) What an overkill...

Greetings,