[ANN] Python 3 Cheat Sheet v2.0

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Oct 30 21:16:08 EDT 2015

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 06:56 am, Laurent Pointal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just updated my one recto-verso sheet Python 3 Cheat Sheet
>
>         https://perso.limsi.fr/pointal/python:memento

Very nice! Thank you!

Some small typos in the English version:

Page 2, Conditional loop statement:

"☝ be careful of inifinite loops !"

Should be "infinite".
Remove space between "loops" and exclamation mark.

Page 2, Display/Input:

"items to display: litteral values, variables, expressions"

Should be "literal".

Page 2, Strings formatting:

"Conversion: s (readable text) or r (litteral representation)"

Should be "literal".

Some errors of fact:

Page 2, Generator of int sequences:

"range returns a «generator»"

This is not correct, `range` returns a lazy immutable sequence where the
values are constructed as needed, not in advance.

https://docs.python.org/3/library/functions.html#func-range

Page 2, Files:

"text file → read/write only strings, convert from/to required type"

While that is true for text files, it implies that open() always uses text
files. This is not correct. You can open binary files too, and read/write
raw bytes:

https://docs.python.org/3/library/functions.html#open
https://docs.python.org/3/glossary.html#term-binary-file

--