python.exe is not a valid win32 executable

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Oct 29 13:28:39 EDT 2015

On 29/10/2015 16:14, Steffen Herzfeldt wrote:
> I just wanted to let you know that your program just doesn't work on WinXP.
> I guess you just think "Linux is better anyway" to which i agree until
> it comes to games requiring directx, but that doesn't change the fact
> that the installer was labeled as working on win32 systems.

Others have replied that the installer has a fix for the next release
which will highlight this sooner. I would point out that we have
gradually dropped support for *several* win32-based systems over the
last few years, more or less following Microsoft's own deprecation
regime. Win9x was dropped in 2.6; 2000 was dropped in 3.3.

There's a balance to be had in everything: every system we support adds
some burden of maintenance. There's no pro-Linux conspiracy here: just
the development team making pragmatic choices about maintenance and support.

TJG