New to Python and setting up

Glenn Schultz glennmschultz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 10:08:46 EDT 2015

Hello All,

I am setting a Python deployment which is a refactor of an R package which I programmed (BondLab). Below is the github link to the python bond lab

https://github.com/glennmschultz/Bond_Lab

Following the example of Ivan7777 I have setup A folder structure.  My understand is that if each folder has an __init__.py  From what it is considered a module.  Have I set this up correctly?

In the time_value module I have a function present_value_factor.   I am having trouble documenting the function.  How is this done?

Finally, I have read something to the effect that when creating a deployment locally use a virtual environment but I am not sure what that means in this case.  What is the workflow here?  I am having a hard time finding good primers on the subject.

I would like to get Bond Lab python up to speed before I open BondLab R.  Basically, the idea is to let them shoot it out (Bond Lab Py and BondLab R) for supremacy.

Thanks,
Glenn