Some Help getting started

Glenn Schultz glennmschultz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:42:17 EDT 2015

Hello All,

I have an application written in R for the analysis of mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities.  I am in the process of writing it in Python.  I need some help getting started.    Here is the repository

https://github.com/glennmschultz/Bond_Lab

I think I have the deployment setup properly but I can't seem to install the deployment.  I tried
pip install - e . but that did not work.  I have been reading all day and have made very little progress.  I expect its simple but so far I have not found the magic bullet.

The R version was used to write a book which is coming out in Feb so the Python version will benefit from earlier mistakes.

http://www.amazon.com/Investing-Mortgage-Backed-Securities-Website/dp/1118944003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444689641&sr=8-1&keywords=glenn+schultz

I have two Python books I have been reading but at some point one just has to get to it.  Any advise as to what I am doing wrong is greatly appreciated

-Glenn