Windows 32-bit Python 3.5 Install Failure

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 03:32:29 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 9:39 AM, Ben Thompson <kilgore661 at gmail.com> wrote:
> My guess is that what is advertised as a 32-binary installer actually
> installed a 64-bit version (because the error message described above is
> what I get if I try and run a 64-bit binary). To check that I had not
> accidentally downloaded the wrong installer I checked: I downloaded and ran
> python-3.5.0.exe not python-3.5.0-amd64.exe.

Actually, the problem is that Windows XP can't handle Python 3.5. You
should be able to use 3.4, or alternatively, upgrade to Windows 7/8/10
(or Xubuntu or anything else...). There's an open tracker issue to
make the message a bit clearer:

http://bugs.python.org/issue25143

but ultimately, this isn't going to be supported, ever.

ChrisA