Windows 32-bit Python 3.5 Install Failure

Ben Thompson kilgore661 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 18:39:19 EDT 2015

Hi,

I just tried using the 32-bit Python 3.5 installer for Windows from
python.org. The program seemed to run OK, I ticked the path box but
there seems to be no working python 3.5 on my (32-bit, XP) computer. The
screenshot shows that python 2.7 is still installed, path contains
Python 3 (albeit it a weird place) but if I give the full path to what I
assume is the Python 3.5 binary, I get a window telling me that the
program is not a valid application.

My guess is that what is advertised as a 32-binary installer actually
installed a 64-bit version (because the error message described above is
what I get if I try and run a 64-bit binary). To check that I had not
accidentally downloaded the wrong installer I checked: I downloaded and
ran python-3.5.0.exe not python-3.5.0-amd64.exe.