python3.5 + reportlab + windows again

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Tue Oct 6 11:31:30 EDT 2015

On 06/10/2015 16:14, Robin Becker wrote:
> I can run all of the reportlab tests OK under ubuntu 14.04 amd65 with the latest
> python 3.5 (built using configure make dance).
>
> I guess I have to think about creating a debug build of python 3.5 and or one or
> more extensions.
>
> Does anyone know which flags I should be setting in the PCBUILD? I vaguely
> remember /Od /Zi, but this is a new version of VS so perhaps I'm out of date.

well it seems someone can build these extensions properly. I used Christoph
Gohlke's reportlab build and although there are 3 failures in the latest tests I
don't see any crashes etc etc and all the failures are explainable. Last thing I
saw from him in respect of pyRXPU was to use extra_compile_args=['/Od']. I will
try that in the reportlab extension builds and see if the problems go away.
--
Robin Becker