python and ARM memory types

voxner.dev at gmail.com voxner.dev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 11:07:01 EDT 2015

I am running python in the ARM architecture (arm64 to be exact).

The CPU Arch I use has clusters (2 big cores in a cluster and 2 small cores in another cluster think : A57, A53). It's going to be run in Ubuntu 14.04

I am trying to run traffic that stresses the interconnects of the clusters. One example is dekker's algorithm : pin first process to 1 cluster and another process to another cluster and check the algo (using multiprocessing library).

Also I am also trying to run "streaming" traffic - the kind of traffic that you don't want in the cache because it is non-temporal.

But how do I specify (streaming,write-combining,write-back) memory types in python ? Is there a library that I can use ? I am thinking of programming some fixed memory space (say 0x1000_000 - 0x2000_000) as "WC or WT or streaming" using the OS and then try to use the mmap facility in python.

What set of libraries can I use ? Where should I start ? Fixed memories are discouraged so what kind of alternatives I can use ?

Thanks,
Vox