Newbie: Designer Looking to Build Graphics Editor (PS/AI)

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Fri Oct 2 13:01:27 EDT 2015

In a message of Fri, 02 Oct 2015 09:41:16 -0700, Kenneth L writes:

>I'd like to build a Illustrator/Photoshop like program. Why, there
 are some features that I'd like to personally have. Example,
 randomizing the rotation, line height and sizing of text. You have to
 do this manually. It would be cool have a little program that is
 dedicated building logos. Not trying to reinvent the wheel. Just
 basic featuring of vector graphics program plus my enhancements.

Do you know about GIMP?
http://www.gimp.org/

You can script it with Python.
http://www.gimp.org/docs/python/

Note: Play with GIMP first.  A whole lot.  Then learn Python -- a bit
with a tutorial here:
https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers
or maybe here:
https://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers

or -- well, these days there are plenty more that aren't on either of
those lists.

Then try to script gimp using python.
It's not the ideal place to learn how to program in Python, as
the Python in the examples there is fairly atypical for normal
Python programs, but it works ...

Welcome, welcome!

Laura