Python on windows 10

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Nov 26 10:24:37 EST 2015

On 11/25/2015 3:34 PM, francis funari wrote:
> I have tried installing Python 3 on windows 10 it install OK but I do
> not get Idle. When I type Idle in the interpreter nothing happen

Starting programs by typing their names into the interactive interpreter
does not work.

Use Start Menu | All Apps | Python 3.5 | IDLE (...).  You can make this
a Start Menu 'favorite' or create a Desktop icon.  Typing 'idle' in the
Command Prompt console may also work.  Typing 'python -m idlelib' should
work.  After I start IDLE once I pin it to the taskbar since I use it
constantly.

--
Terry Jan Reedy