Python on windows 10

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Thu Nov 26 10:20:50 EST 2015

In a message of Wed, 25 Nov 2015 20:34:01 +0000, francis funari writes:
>I have tried installing Python 3 on windows 10 it install OK but I do not get Idle. When I type Idle in the interpreter nothing happen can you send me a link to latest release of Python 3 with Idle that will run on windows 10 64 bit
>                                                                                                              Thankyou Francis Funari
>
>Sent from Mail<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
>--

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Can you please go to a command window and type

python -m idlelib

This should fail.  However, it should fail with a meaningful traceback
which indicates where the problem is.  Copy and paste that traceback
into mail and post that here so we have proceed.

If 'python' isn't the command you need to use to get python3.5
perhaps py -3.5 -m idlelib will work.  But the idea is we want to
catch idle failing, so we can figure out what is going on.

Laura Creighton